| Before |
| After |
First, I parted small horizontal sections of my hair and detangled each section. Then I lightly pressed the paddle brush onto my roots.
Next, I slowly and gently rotated my wrist so that the brush bristles "grabbed" the hair and applied tension to the roots for that section only.
Lastly I blow dried each section, using the concentrator attachment, at the roots until it was throughly dried. The concentrator attachment helps to focus the air flow for faster drying. To remove the brush, I simple lifted it out of my hair, rather than brushing down the length of my hair. Using a paddle brush on wet textured hair like mine can lead to snapping and breaking the strands. So it is imperative that you gently remove the paddle brush if you try this method. After I dried each section, I used my comb to detangle that section again.
This was my first time using the paddle brush to blow dry and the results came out much smoother and flatter than when I use my hand to apply tension to my roots. This worked great since I'm only 4 weeks post relaxer, but I'm not sure if I will use the paddle brush when I have more new growth.
Have you tried to tension blow dry method?