Now that my hair desperately needs to be washed, and I'm in no position to wield a blow dryer or flat iron, I'm considering going to a stylist.
I met a male stylist last year who offered to style my hair for free, because he was so confident in his abilities. I have been reluctant to visit him, because after we spoke for a few minutes, we both realized that he was assuming that I wore a weave.
The conversation went something like this:
Me: How many clients do you have with relaxed hair that is my length?
Him: OMG that's all your hair?
Me: (smile and nod)
Him: Good for you girl!
His heart was certainly in the right place. LOL. The majority of his clients are Caucasian women with colored-treated hair at various lengths. So he equated relaxed hair with colored-treated hair. I don't agree with that assessment, but I get the point he was trying to make. Sigh. I miss living close to Reniece.
So what do you think? Should I give him a try for a simple wash and blow dry/flat iron? It would really be nice to be able to treat myself to a salon visit between my relaxer appointments.
