| 11 weeks of newgrowth |
The lesson I've learned with this relaxer stretch is that I need some amount of heat to have manageable hair. I like to have fun with my hair even during my journey to achieve longer, thicker hair.
During the first few weeks after my relaxer, I'm able to air dry my hair and still have it bouncy. After about 10 weeks post, the coarseness of my hair becomes more challenging if I plan to wear my hair down.
I can always air dry and do a braid out without any problems. But during this stretch I didn't feel like wearing a braid out. I use heat sparingly and judiciously in my regimen. So I'm able to use heat during my stretch without doing more harm than good.
This technique may not work for everyone. However, if you find that your hair becomes stiff after your air dry, then consider lightly blow drying to smooth out the cuticle. Here are some posts that might be helpful:
What have you learned about your hair when you stretch your relaxer?